So today in Memphis, the atmosphere was not laden with the sweat of others. One could breath outside. There was a breeze that was relaxing as opposed to feeling like a wet blanket gliding over your skin. It was cool. It was refreshing.
I was going biking.
I have fallen in love. Readers. Comrades. My heart has been given over to the Shelby Farms Greenline. It is scandalous. It is refreshing. It is freedom.
So I have heard people talk about their zen exercise. Many love yoga. Few deranged people like running. Some like canoeing. I used to try to make myself like running. I have found for me, it is biking.
I feel like I am flying. I feel remarkably close to God during this time. I am able to pray. I worship and sing at the top of my lungs while making my legs burn at breakneck speeds. It is so childish and so beautiful.
This has been an amazing evening.
I hope to go to the greenline often over the next few months as Fall settles in. I hope to spend quiet time and time close to God. It led me to compose this brief haiku. (all haikus are brief you schmuck)
All That Lies Ahead is a Beautiful Aftermath
Ninety miles per hour
Open road, top down, throat hoarse
Taste my God's freedom
(I'd like to add down here a shoutout to everyone who has worked towards me being a biker at this moment. Jared, Will, Mark, Shannon, Becca, Dad, and Becah. Thank you)
No comments:
Post a Comment